Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

Lost or Stolen Quilts - please contact me if you see them anywhere. Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on October 25, 2019 at 11:00am View Blog I am asking for your help with this post. My mother recently moved from Vista, CA to Robinson, IL. She packed the two quilts I made for her in a box and had it placed in the moving van coming east. They did not arrive. Here is the first one, a Boston Commons quilt with a Card Trick border. it is approximately 100 x 100" and is signed, dated and dedicated on the back. The dedication reads: "for the most uncommon of mothers, my mother, Ramona." and has a quote embroidered on the back: "oh tell her brief is life but love is long. Alfred Lord Tennyson." My signature reads "V. B. Allmendinger" and the date is "March 1999."
The second lost quilt is this one, The Old Man's Log Cabin, a Christmas quilt which is signed, dated, dedicated and labeled as "2013 - The Year of the Christmas Quilt." The label on the quilt reads: "this Christmas quilt belongs to Ramona and James Tennison, Oceanside, CA" My signature reads "V.B. Allmendinger Leiner, Greensburg, PA"
We are heartbroken that these quilts have been lost or stolen but know that they are only (precious) things, that things are not important but the love that goes into them is. That love goes on. We would appreciate any help finding them. If someone does have them or find them and is willing to send them to me, my address is: Ginnie Leiner, 234 Tremont Avenue, Greensburg, PA 15601. I will happily reimburse you for the postage costs and maybe even make you a quilt to reward your honesty! Thank you for your help. Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment