Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

Here's what happens in my sewing room when Summer means I go NOWHERE! Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on August 29, 2020 at 5:30pm View Blog The global nightmare which began in March continues into summer as you all know and those of us in the good ole US of A, if we are paying attention and minding our Ps and Qs, have been sticking around home alot. While this is a real bummer for those of us with kids and grandkids, parents and siblings, and friends in general far, far away (like more than a few hours' drive), it is a good thing for getting things done around the house and in my quilt rooms in particular. Over the summer, I have finished one quilt (Cheetahs in the House) all but for sewing on the school song on the back (how did I get talked into that???) and made three new quilt tops. I will have a very busy fall and winter quilting, once I get these these puppies pinned and basted. Here they are. First is Cup of Joe. I found these quilt blocks at a thrift store. I wanted something very bright. Surprisingly, my husband likes it and wants it for his own. Go figure. The back will be the same circles and squares print around the outside edge. The binding will be the white print you see in the border block.
The second one completed I am calling Grey's First Quilt (Cabin in the Woods, Autumn). We just adopted a very grey cat and he was a little needy while I was working on this one, keeping very close to my side and in the middle of the quilt when ever I laid it out. I later gave this one to my friend Judy O'Toole as she was recovering from cancer.
I found the cut squares that I used for the center of the Log Cabin blocks at another thrift place. I wanted something easy and elegant. The back will be the black leaf print you see on the outer edge. Have not decided on a binding yet. Quilt #3 for the summer I finished just this afternoon. It was made with several Halloween jelly rolls, a solid color jelly roll and a Halloween panel purchased on ebay. Halloween is my favorite holiday and right after Christmas quilts, I have made alot of Halloween quilts and have three more planned for my grands. The goal with this quilt was the effect of Halloween Wallpaper (hence its title) with pictures hanging on it. How did I do? The back will be a orange circles on black batik and the binding will be the orange with black spatter print you see around the center square.
So, I have two weeks to finish handsewing the back of Cheetahs in the House and also monogram the back of Fox in the Christmas Hen House (lots of houses here!). My mother arrives September 11 for a week's visit and then once she departs, I set up the table topper and start pinning quilts. With the Christmas Hen House quilt, that makes four to pin. Hope I have enough pins! Be well. Stay safe. Quilt on! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment