Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

Challenging myself again - Quilt #162 made with pre-cuts Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on September 10, 2019 at 7:30pm View Blog I'm calling it Marmalade. What I mean when I say that is, like an orange Marmalade cat, but what keeps running through my head is the song "Marmalade." The lyrics kept haunting me while I made this quickie quilt (two weeks, start to finish using a couple of jelly rolls). "I met Marmalade down in old New Orleans, strutting her stuff on the streets."
I had never used pre-cuts before. I always see them in the fabric stores and think, "hmmmm... that's like letting someone else cut your fabric for you but you have to be willing to let them choose the fabrics too." Since I always like to challenge myself with something new, I decided this summer to give it a shot. I was waiting for the weather to cool off a bit before I started quilting two quilts which were basted and ready to go and I wanted something new for fall coming up. I had the jelly rolls in my stash, the black print in my Halloween fabrics and I had picked up the cute cat print in Dallas this spring while shopping with quilting daughter Becky. There you have it! ready made kit! I ordered the ombre print fabric for the back and it matched perfectly. The only oops was I forgot to sign it so I will have to make a label. This one is for me, I think, although if some daughter or grandchild takes a shine to it sometime down the road, I will probably give it away to them. I think I will do more quilts with pre-cuts going forward. I do miss picking out my own fabrics but I can always add or subtract to or from what is provided, right? I think the lesson learned on this one is that it does not have to take forever to make a quilt! In the process of making it, my quilting foot (the right one on the pedal) starting hurting and I went to the foot doc today. He said it is probably a stress fracture, but not from quilting, methinks. I am now a big fan of aspircream, this pain relief cream product you rub into the affected area. I am going to try it on my poor old hurtin' knees too! Hope you are all well. Keep quilting! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment