Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

2018 - The Year of the Christmas Sweater Pillows Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on December 24, 2018 at 4:30pm View Blog If 2013 was the year of the Christmas quilt for me, this year was the year of the Christmas pillow. I got this crazy idea that I could make Christmas pillows out of ugly (or not so ugly) Christmas sweaters so off to the Thrift stores I trotted. I ended up making 18 pillows. You can see all but one in my album, "Christmas 2018 Pillows." After making a few, I was hooked and could not stop. My husband even asked me at one point over the last month, "what is the point of this project?" To have fun of course and make some inexpensive Christmas gifts.
George and I have changed our gift giving philosophy over the last decade or so as it applies to Christmas. We buy for the grandkids, send checks to the adult children for a family gift, and make donations to charities of our choice. That's it. We ask our family to not send us gifts as we all have what we need or have no problem going out to get the stuff. Then we give gifts where it suits us. We try to say thank you to persons who have been real blessings or just good travel companions in the ups and downs of life. We do quirky things for people too. Like give out Sweater pillows.... So it is Christmas Eve and the last pillow is sewn. There are 10 of them left, most of which will get passed out tomorrow. George and I are headed to the movies and a Chinese noodle dinner as is our tradition when we are alone on this day in our adopted hometown of Pittsburgh. Whatever is your tradition, here's hoping your holidays are merry and bright! God Bless us everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment