Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

A Tired Old Dog learns a New Trick Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on January 19, 2018 at 9:00pm View Blog I haven't talked about it much here but I have decided I am a tired old dog. I have an excuse of course. Every old dog does and here is mine. In March 2017, I had my artificial knee on the left replaced with a new artificial knee as the old one came loose and moved left. In October 2017, they determined the right artificial knee was infected and took it out, replacing it with a spacer for 5 weeks. Turns out they were wrong, it was not infected (good news for me) but the surgeon could not give me a new knee until a) all the tests were conclusive and b) I recovered from the surgery. So in November 2017, I got a new right knee. I was off work four weeks in April and 10 weeks in the fall, not returning to work until after the holidays. Fortunately I was able to work from home part time and use sick time for the rest. In January 2018, I was diagnosed with acute inflammatory anemia, in other words, I had too many operations and I am worn out! I am back to work full time but not good for much else. Lately, I haven't been too excited about much of anything. The weather is cold and snowy (we have about 8 inches on the ground and temps in the single digits) and there is not much sunshine. I decided I needed to get out of these doldrums so I learned a new quilting trick. I taught myself how to paper piece quilt blocks and now I am hooked. Here are my first two attempts:
The quilt is for my second granddaughter, Sylvia Reagan Newcomer and is called, "The Fox in the Christmas Henhouse" and yes, it is a Christmas quilt. Next I make about half a dozen paper pieced chickens (that's a rooster you see above and we all know there is only one rooster in a henhouse) and some paper pieced henhouses. I am not sure what (if any) other blocks I will use. I have two different chick block patterns for the border and lots of ideas! Hope you are all doing well. I would love to hear from you. Winter and fatigue have me on-line too much! Be well and learn new tricks! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment