Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Another cross stitch quilt is added to the Allmendinger women family collection Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on October 24, 2014 at 11:30pm View Blog
The fourth in an apparently on-going series, here is the Thanksgiving cross stitch quilt all finished as of tonight. My sweetheart hubby is in New Orleans at a philosophy conference so I have been sewing buttons on like a crazy woman the last two nights and watching epic movies. It is finally done. We started this one many years ago, if fact, the cross stitch squares were originally intented to be an autumn quilt but my girls and I did so many, we got three quilts out of the effort. Here are the cross stitch quilts we have made so far: #1 - the Original cross stitch quilt begun in 1985 and finished in 2002, Christmas:
#2 - the Halloween quilt, finished in 2008:
and #3 the apples and school quilt,, finished in 2009:Becky and I have also made several baby quilts with cross stitching, in fact the baby quilt I am working on right now for my new granddaughter, Ruby Charlotte will have two cross stitched borders done by Becky, but these four quilts are exclusively cross stitch, both blocks and borders. That's a heck of a lot of cross stitching and most of it done by Becky!
One last cross stitch quilt series of pictures as a pictorial survey of how time can change us as well as our quilting. Here I am with cross stitch quilts 1, 2, and 3. I don't spend too much time looking in the mirror each day but I have come to the conclusion that as I get older, time is making more changes to me at a faster rate!
and here I am tonight. Oh vey!
What will the next cross stitch quilt theme be? No clue. Waiting for my daughters to tell me! Happy Quilting everyone! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment