Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

Did you see this article in the NYTimes on Ken Burns and his quilts? Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on January 21, 2018 at 10:00am View Blog https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/arts/design/quilts-ken-burns-int... While browsing facebook in my pj today (a rainy Sunday), I found this short piece on Ken Burns and his quilts. Awesome. This man is brilliant! Aren't you all so proud to be of this tradition? I particularly like the idea that quilts keep their secrets but also suggest the truth of the world and of living in it. A couple pictures I took this morning as the sunshine broke through. Years ago I found this old jelly cabinet on the curb. George and I used it to store glassware and liquor til recently. Now it holds some of my quilts, the quilt made by my Gramma Emma Darlene Taylor and the quilt made by my great grandmother Della White. I guess we are a family of quilters as Daughter Becky Newcomer is an excellent quilter too. Doing our part to pass on the tradition!
Keep up the good and meaningful work, quilters. Ken Burns is in our corner! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment