Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Creativity is striking and I cannot sleep Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on December 12, 2015 at 1:30am View Blog Christmas is fast approaching and all of my family are telling me they are missing their Christmas quilts which I borrowed back for the quilt show. If you are interested, here is another article on the quilt show. https://archive.triblive.com/news/quilter-to-display-work-in-holiday-themed-exhibit/ In the midst of the quilt show work, I have been struck by the creativity bug and I cannot sleep tonight. I bought my first pieces of digitally printed fabric and I am so excited. Here are swatches of the fabric for the next quilt which I think will be the wedding quilt for daughter #2 Becky and Todd, even though they have picked out different fabric. I will make that quilt for them later. I have fabric up in the attic that I know will go with these two but I do not want to wake up the sleeping husband to go tromping around above his head. It will have to wait til morning, I guess. Deep sigh. I am going to try doing something very outside the box again with both the front and the back on this quilt. I'll post more details as they development. In the meantime, I am still stitching sleeves on the 19 quilts for the second half of the show. I have yet to come up with a means to describe this next bunch of quilts. For the Holiday Quilts, I used "Steps to Make a Holiday Quilt" and talked about the different parts of quiltmaking while describing each quilt. Not sure what my schtick will be this next time. I don't have to have that part done til January 22 so I have a bit of time yet. Well I guess I will try to catch some shut eye. I had a snack and thought some more about my project so it should have calmed my brain down a bit! Goodnight to you all and Merry Holiday Quilting! Ginnie

No comments:

Post a Comment