Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2022

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat.... Posted by Virginia "Ginnie" Leiner on October 20, 2021 at 12:00pm View Blog Ready or not, here it comes and for once, I AM ready! Three quilts from our house will make appearances under trees this year and the tops are all completed! Two are already with Karen, the long armer genius and one will make its way there this weekend I hope. Here they are with a bit of their stories: First up is one I am calling "It All Started with a Mouse." A few years back, my friend and maintenance contractor for our rental houses, Jeff asked me in a round about way, if I would be willing to make a quilt for his daughter. Actually, the way he asked was to say, "My wife wants to know if you would make a quilt for Kara." Being the busy quilter that I am, we settled on a delivery date in time for Christmas 2021. Kara is a Disney fan and the mother of four. Here is the finished top:
When I sent progress pictures to Jeff and Jackie (Jeff's wife), she said, "I will not want to give it to her but keep it for myself." So I decided to make Jeff and Jackie a quickie Christmas gift as a surprise. I am calling it "Red Truck Christmas" because that fabric is EVERYWHERE and just begging to be a quilt and because Jeff drives a red truck. Here is the top for Red Truck Christmas:
Lastly, I did a surprise quilt for my friend Phyllis and her cat, Boots. The surprise part is that it is finally being made. Phyllis and I have been friends for 20+ years, ever since I moved out to Pennsylvania in 2000. She was a friend and colleague of my husband, teaching Sociology at the college where George taught Philosophy. For several of those years, I asked her if she would like one of my quilts. Every time I asked, she said, no, she likes old quilts. I told her I could make it and then take it out and drive over it a few times to make it look old! No takers. Finally, two years ago, she told me she would like a Christmas quilt. She picked out the fabric and waited. This year it is done.
A bit of background on Boots the Cat. Phyllis fed Boots as an outside cat for a few years and one harsh winter, took her in. Only for the winter, understand. She kept insisting she did not have a cat. Boots was not hers. Well it is now 3+ years later and Boots rules the house. Phyllis and Boots live on a very hilly street. Hence, this quilt called "Boots on Steck Street, Christmas 2021.
So keep on quilting and get those present finished. I am next onto making labels for when they return from Karen's house all quilted and ready to be bound! Best, Ginnie <

No comments:

Post a Comment