Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

Sisters, sisters, never were their such devoted sisters....


I want to tell you a story about sisterly love. My baby sister, Denise was born when I was 5-1/2 years old and my older sister, Bev was almost 7. She was blonde where we were dark headed. She had this ice cream cone thing going on with her hair; it was the weirdest thing but so darn cute. Here she is wearing my Annie Oakley costume and a frisbee on her head, I think.

Anyway, as kids sometimes do, we decided this cute interloper was getting way too much attention, attention that should be coming our way. Besides that, she had taken over our playroom with her crib and changing table and all the stuff that comes with babies. So we decided she had to go. We dumped her out of her crib a few times and tried to kill her in her stroller as we "walked" her down the bumpiest sidewalks in the neighborhood, going hell bent for leather on our roller skates, you know, the kind you used a metal key to screw them tightly to your sneakers and then wore the key on a string around your neck.

She managed to survive and of course, we came to love her. She's still too darn cute. Here we are just a week ago, posing on our couch with our husbands. See Ma, we are all grown up!



It's snowing again as I write this. Looking out into the dark night, it looks like someone has violently shaken a snow globe. I read in the newspaper this evening that this month has been the highest amount of snowfall in recorded history in Pennsylvania. When I am an old lady, I can tell my grandchildren about it. This is how beautiful the snow was last weekend when Nese and Marty came for a ski getaway!





Coming from the Chicago suburbs where there is LESS snow, they were thrilled to have such great skiing weather in Pennsylvania. Marty and George, my hubby, had two great days on the slopes while Denise and I went to the spa on Friday and shopping on Saturday.





We also had time for dinner at the Slopeside Restaurant and a horse drawn sleigh ride (here we are with Tom and Prince, the huge horses that drew our sleigh). It was terribly cold and we would have frozen had we not dressed like Eskimos (thanks, Nese for the snow pants!) We had talked about doing some snowtubing but we ladies could only tolerate so much fun in the cold and the guys were all tuckered out by the time they got off the slopes. We wound up the weekend with a Chinese New Year party at Tina and Ted's house and a visit to The Westmoreland.

What a great time we had. Thanks, guys for coming out to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment