Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Dawn of Time (or my very first blog ever)

How did you find me?

I really want to know.

This whole blogosphere thing is totally mind boggling to a kid born when Eisenhower was President. A friend told me a story the other day about her daughter's special event at school called "80's day" where everyone dressed up like they did in the 1980's. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the 80's looked like but I am sure it was not pretty! The 50's sure, that was Happy Days with poodle skirts and cigarette packs rolled up in t-shirt sleeves. The Sixties - Beatle haircuts and mini-skirts. The 70's - well, let's not go there, it was a bad fashion decade. But why can't I remember the 80's? I must have been busy.

Busy raising kids and quilting. I started quilting in 1973 when I looked at all the fabric scraps I had from making my clothes in high school and thinking, "what a waste to throw all of this out!" My first quilt was a patchwork lap robe for my then husband, Mark. We were babies when we got married in 1973. That quilt no longer exists in any place on the planet I know of. But it got me started and now 37 years later, I am on quilt #112.

I must say I am a tad ambivalent about blogging about quilting. I mean, if you are spending time blogging, that's less time for quilting, right? Maybe I can give something else up though to find time to blog, like, doing the laundry maybe.

I don't know if this happens to you but when I am deeply involved in a quilt, my mind works on all kinds of things, usually not quilt related. I solve problems and have imaginary conversations with friends and "frienemies" alike. In my brain, I am witty and sparkling, a legend in my own mind! It occurred to me, why not blog some of those thoughts and start a conversation, an exchange of ideas, quilt related and otherwise?

So here we go on this adventure. However you found me, I hope you will be happy you came along for the ride for whatever time you choose to spend. Please let me hear from you. It's only a conversation when there are at least two people talking, otherwise, I think it is a psychosis!

No comments:

Post a Comment