Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Beauty all around me







Just a quick post tonight as I spent all my free time doing paperwork on my desk. The good news is I can now FIND my desk!

Those of you who know me, know I work at the Westmoreland Museum of American Art and I am so fortunate to have beauty all around me, including quilts. This lovely quilt is in our Robertshaw Gallery, which highlights the art of Southwestern Pennsylvania. The maker is unknown, and the quilt is the gift of Dr. and Mrs. Murphy Berger (1988.51). There are 1,440 1/2 inch handsewn and hand quilted squares in this work of art, made between 1850 and 1899. Yowser!

The Westmoreland will be hosting an art quilt exhibition, in late July 2010 from the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. Check out our website for details and of course, I will be blogging about it later.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment