Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Great finds in the most unusual places!






On the constant prowl to find inspiration for a quilt, I frequently visit thrift stores and yard sales and paw through the linens, curtains, tablecloths and any other collection of fabric. I may not know in what way I will use the treasures I find, but I am always on the lookout for that border print that is stitched, embroidered or stamped. When I have time, I also browse the clothes for unusual fabrics which I can recycle into quilts. Here are a few pictures of finds I have recently made: 1) lovely delicate gold leaves, 2) cut away flowers, 3) ribbon grapevines and leaves, and 4) stenciled birdhouses.

Recycle! We can save the planet one quilt at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment