Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Glad I went to the Goodwill today!

The neighborhood Goodwill Store and I have a sympatico relationship. I drive thru and donate stuff at the side doors and then park and walk in and buy more stuff! oy vey! I am trying to make this house less full but sometimes, you just need to go treasure hunting and I made out like a bandit today.

I found a lounge chair, brand new for my back porch or backyard. Now I will have something to sleep in and on on those close summer nights when it just isn't gonna happen in my bed. I found a marble pear, no kidding, really. Reminds me of the marble fruit in the shops near Trevi Fountain in Rome. Some stone coasters for the back porch with fish on them, some lotions (I love different smelling stuff - pomegranate? SURE!) And this beauty:







Very obviously made from a kit (you can still see the tiny blue dots) but hand cross stitched and hand quilted. It did not look this nice when I picked it up. It had some very serious rust colored stains (don't want to think about what that might have been!) on the flowers in the center but I had absolute faith in Oxyclean! After one long soak and two washings, here it is, good as new! So I immediately put it on my bed. Love it! Not an expertly done quilt by any means but someone's hard work and it should be appreciated. I am happy to fulfill that role!

Note added 4/17/2010: Date and signature on the back of the quilt. How did I miss this earlier? It says: "1968 Grace A. Molygraf"

No comments:

Post a Comment