Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

Buster on the prowl (or know your own cat from 20 paces)

Buster, our supposedly geriatric cat, took off after Brutus, the neighbor's cat this morning and George and I ended up on a wild "cat" chase. We walked all around the neighborhood, calling "kitty, kitty, kitty" and shouting promises of chicken, when George spotted a orange cat and followed him across Ridgeway Avenue, a part of the neighborhood way too far for our old guy to go.

Well, we chased this cat for a few minutes when it occurred to me that this feline was moving like a young guy, not like our old guy so I told George, "I don't think this is Buster." Sure enough, we walked back home and there was Buster waiting for us on the sidewalk, wondering where that promise of fresh meat was. When we got inside (all three of us), we discovered Vinnie had eaten both his own breakfast AND Buster's (of course). Just like Vinnie to take advantage of the situation and fill his tummy!

What a cat adventure it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment