Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Spring Saturday in Lancaster PA!




On March 26, 2010, George and I headed out of town to Quilt Country in Lancaster County PA. What a great time we had and what a reminder I got that I am an amateur, a talented amateur, George says, but just the same, definitely amateur status here! We stayed in a bed and breakfast called Old Square Inn in Mount Joy, PA and this was the cute "Sunbonnet Sue goes to Town" quilt in our room.

On Friday night, we visited the Peoples Place Quilt Museum and the Old Country Store (www.OldCountryStoreFabric.com). Here are a few pictures from that experience. They stayed open til midnight to accommodate all the crazy quilt people!





On Saturday, we headed to the AQS Lancaster Quilt Show and I started taking pictures (or having George take pictures) of all the quilts we loved. Finally, it just got to be too much (quilt overload) so I went to the AQS booth and bought the CD of all the quilts in the show. Here are a few of the ones we took before we called it quits!










1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving your blog site for us to read, it's a great blog. Check our facebook page on Friday to find out the winner of the Blog-of-the-Week!

    You have an amazing blog, thank you for sharing. We're so glad you had a good time in Lancaste, we look forward to seeing you at more AQS shows in the future. Keep up the great work!

    www.americanquilter.com

    ReplyDelete