Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How many ways can you say CAT?

I made this quilt in 1996 for my younger daughter, Rebecca. She had a fascination with cats at that time, obviously. I loved the color combination, especially the black which really sets off the purple, turquoise, hot pink and gold. There is a back story, of course. When I was a young married and lived in our first house, out in the country, we had three cats, Hercules (who jumped out the car window on the way to the vet to be neutered - goodbye cat!), Peaches, a calico and her kitten, Cream. When we moved into town, we brought Peaches and Cream with us and after we thought they had adjusted to the move, we let them out into the yard to do their cat thing. They must have tried to return "home" cuz we never saw them again. Skip forward 10 years. I am now a single mom and we have a new calico cat, Mandy. We are all getting along famously until I get ill and am diagnosed with asthma. The doctor said, clean the furnace runs, clean the carpets and get rid of the cat. So we did. She lived for awhile at Mark's house (the girls' dad) but then was taken to the pound. I have always felt so guilty over poor Mandy Cat's fate. Especially since I have recovered sufficiently to now have two more cats, Buster and Vinnie. I cannot remember if this quilt was made before Mandy was booted out or not. Either way, Mandy and Becky, I am so sorry! More pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment