Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Get up, get out of that funky place!

I am in a serious funk. Seriously, I am feeling a bit crappy lately and I think it is time to start a new quilt. I know I am much happier when I am fueling those creative parts of my soul and that has just not been happening lately. So. Tonight it begins again. I will start on Rockstar Monkey for my great nephew Dean, son of Laura and Rob Mitchum and get myself out of this total down place. Actually, Beck and I have already started this quilt. We have drawn the pattern and she has been doing her usual cross stitch speedy magic. All 26 letters of the monkey alphabet are done and currently she is working on the monkey border. I have determined what the appliqué monkey will look like (actually, I am down to two finalists) and the background block has been selected (monkey wrench, of course) . Tonight I will begin to cut the fabric and sew the background blocks. Let’s set a goal date – shall we say finished in time to take home to Illinois for Angie’s wedding weekend, August 9-12? That may not be enough time for Becky to do the large cross stitch piece for the back. I will need to check with her but certainly, I can have my part done by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment