Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wyatt's quilt is finished!


It is Wednesday morning and the quilt is finished at last. After quilting all day Saturday, I took the day "off" on Sunday, right - I spent 8 hours cleaning the house - and came back to the quilt on Monday and Tuesday to finish it up. Monday night I started the hand quilting of the cross stitched blocks right after I got home from work and fed the cat boys. I quilted from 5:30 - 10:30 on those blocks and then started on the picture block and name block for the back. Finished stitching those two blocks on at 1:30 and went to bed.

Tuesday, I started up again at 6:30 PM quilting the back blocks. I finished by midnight but I was so excited to have the quilt done, I was awake until 2 AM. Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to pack for the trip to California.

We will give Jamie, Jeff and Wyatt the quilt on Friday night at their house and after that time, I will post this blog. Stay tuned for their reaction! The final pictures here are my two lovely daughters who are looking more alike all the time and Wyatt with his Aunt Becky (Aunt Boo), who is the fabulous cross stitcher. I am so blessed!











No comments:

Post a Comment