Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

We are back from California, one quilt lighter then three quilts richer

A word to the wise. After the age of 55, never take a redeye home from the West Coast that includes three different flights. I am and was exhausted with our 18 hour trek home. But now we are back again and I find myself at loose ends with no urgent quilt project going. I will take a short hiatus and then dive into Jamie and Jeff's wedding quilt with a goal to finish it by Christmas when we head out to California again!

One of the great things I did get to do in California was visit "Paris Flea Market" with Jamie's mother-in-law, Pat, one of Wyatt's other grammas (he has three) and there I lucked upon three beautiful quilts, which I bought, of course. In this post, I have shown you two of them. The third one (and the best of the bunch) I will photograph tomorrow and post. It is in the washer getting cleaned up. The first one above is a version of Birds in Flight and it looks slightly Amish. Very small, measures about one yard square. I bought this one for $28 at Pat's booth.

The second one, pictured below is a yo-yo quilt about 5 foot by 4 foot in blues and white, for which I paid $33. What a steal! I had packed Wyatt's quilt in my carry on luggage as I did not want to risk the airlines losing it so since I had given away that quilt, I had plenty of room to take home these beauties.

They came in very handy during that night of too many flights to come home. We left San Jose at 7 PM, arrived in Phoenix at 9:30 PM, had to hang around the airport for the next flight to Charlotte, NC that did not leave until 1:00 AM. About 10:30, I pulled out the quilts, make a pillow out of the two smaller ones and covered myself up with the larger one (not shown here yet). I then slept on the airport row of seats, wrapped in my quilt until midnight or so. Packed the smaller ones away with my handbag in the carry on luggage and took the big quilt onto the plane where I wrapped both George and I up for the 4 hour flight to NC. Slept pretty well, all things considered!

We arrived home about 1:30. George went right up to bed and I put our lives back in order which took most of the afternoon. He picked up the cats and we were in bed pretty early for us (11 PM) but I was still too keyed up to sleep. Finally crashed about 1 AM. Today was hectic at work and I am ready for bed now.

Stayed tuned for pictures of the 3rd (and bestest!) quilt. G'night, little man Wyatt. Gramma loves you here so very far away....

No comments:

Post a Comment