Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

There she goes again, breaking the rules!


I know, I know, I KNOW! my daughter, Jamie told me I had to make the wedding quilt for her and my fantastic son-in-law, Jeff first BEFORE I started the baby quilt for Wyatt Zachery, my new grandson they gave me but I could not resist the urge. I plead "baby quilt fever." Besides, I'm the artist and I get to do whatever I want, however the muse leads me.

So here are the first two blocks of the baby quilt. You will remember Becky did the cross stitching. Isn't she fantastic? I cut all the block pieces last night - finishing up with that and this first bit of stitching by 2 AM. Actually, the cutting was done by 11 PM and we were in bed by midnight but I just laid there wide awake, itching to get stitching. I resisted for 30 minutes but gave into the urge and got up about 12:30, went downstairs and started the piecing. I soon discovered I did not have enough animal print for all 35 blocks so on the way to my doctor's appointment this morning, I hit the local Joann Fabrics, and while I could not find the exact same fabric, I found two other really cool animal prints to use. You will see them with the next posting.

There are 35 cross stitch blocks on the front of this quilt and a few more on the back. The pattern is called Child's Play. Now here is the kicker - I hope to have this quilt finished by August 3 (three weeks from yesterday) in order to take it out to California with us when we visit the kids and Wyatt August 4-9. CAN SHE DO IT? WILL SHE HAVE TO GIVE UP SLEEP AND ALL OTHER NON - QUILT RELATED ACTIVITIES?
I have already put George on notice that it is all quilt, all the time for a few weeks here but he is training for a biking event so he is fine with my ambitious plans.

Tune in and I will keep you posted on the progress. I hope to have the quilt top done by the end of the weekend.

Gotta go...

No comments:

Post a Comment