Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

The back is finished (or stop me, Becky, from adding any more stuff!)



Okay, the back is definitely and finally finished. I embroidered the Dr. Seuss quote tonight with my new Sears Kenmore sewing machine. My poor old Goodwill guy is giving up the ghost. The embroidery was a dream with this new machine as compared to last night with the old machine. I ... am ... in love!

In case you cannot read it, the quote is " I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one hundred percent." Becky and I really struggled with a quote for this one. We considered Paul Simon's "It's all happening at the zoo." and "boy,n.: a noise with dirt on it" from the Not Your Average Dictionary. Suess just seemed to fit and faithfulness is a good thing to promote in young humans (and old ones too!)

I thought I would have all day tomorrow to quilt but my volunteer had to call off so I am stuck working a Saturday 11-5. The good news is I will have next Thursday off instead.

I have brought the table topper up to do the pinning. I may lay it out tonight but I don't think my back can take anymore this evening.

We're making progress and oh, by the way, I sewed the dancing hedgehogs on upside down!


No comments:

Post a Comment