Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The story of two sisters and two quilts




This is the story of two sisters one born in 1954 and one born in 1960 and two quilts, one made in 1980 and one made in 2001.

When I was six years old, my baby sister, Denise was born. I have another sister, Bev who is 15 months (to the day) older than me and I will talk about her quilt in another post. Denise went off to school in 1979 and I made her a quilt to take to college, a multicolored sampler quilt. When she married my brother-in-law, champion golfer, fisherman, and general all around nice, funny as hell guy, Martin, I made them a wedding quilt. As you can see from the two pictures at the top of this post, alot of learning (on my part) occurred between the two quilts, one finished in 1980 and the other in 2001.

Here are some more photos of the details. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment