Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

This is the ocean




Talking to my cousin, Vicky tonight, we agreed that like a journey that starts with a single step, a quilt starts with a singe cut. So tonight I did the first cut of the quilt material that will become Jamie and Jeff's quilt.

If you remember the design from my last post (and if you don't you can go look at it again), on the far left of the quilt, or west coast, if you will, in this Road to California, there are ocean waves. So I decided to start there and work backwards, so to speak. I am having some difficulty, however, deciding if the quilt block should be 1)the various colors of teal with the cream background, 2) the dark teals with the cream background, or 3) the dark teals with the light teals as the background. If you remember the block, it is kind of a ying and yang thing, equal amount of wave and background pulling each other into balance.

Oh hell, I will just copy the pattern for you again here so we can all contemplate the various alternatives!




I think I will make one of each and see which one speaks to me. That puts the decision making off of me and onto the quilt. Works for now.

Time for bed with visions of ocean waves in my head...

Good night, little Wyatt...

No comments:

Post a Comment