Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Reconnecting via quilting or "Hello again, cousin!"

I received a very nice phone call last month from my cousin, Vicky Taylor Sierra who now lives in Oklahoma. I knew she was a quilter as we had talked about quilts in the past but over the last few weeks, we have been talking more and I helped her plan a wall hanging for her son, Tim, featuring the Iowa Hawkeyes. I found a quilt pattern called "hovering hawks" which seemed appropriate.

Talking to Vicky reminded me again of my Gramma Taylor and her quilting and I wonder what Gramma would make of her two granddaughters who are now quilters! If you are watching, Gramma, I hope you are pleased.

At the same time this reconnection with family is occurring, my family is growing and I am now a gramma too! I wonder what the years ahead will hold and will I also have a quilting grandchild? May wonders never cease!

Time for a Girl Scout cookie and then some quilting on Jamie and Jeff's quilt.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment