Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good morning...time to start another quilt!

Hello campers! I am finally back to blogging again. Life got really busy there from last fall to almost spring this cloudy March morning, although it is supposed to snow 6 inches tonight so to say it is almost spring might be stretching it. But it is spring in my pointy little head so there you have it... the calendar and weather will just have to catch up!

I want to take a few minutes to get you all caught up on my life since I was last posting semi-regularly. I finished the quilt for Laura and Rob in November and they received it on Thanksgiving day. I think they like it. Rob looked a bit stunned, I must confess. Maybe it was the sheer size of it. We were in Chicagoland for that holiday and stayed home for Christmas. We had our annual holiday fling on Boxing Day, December 26th and it was very successful. Jamie and Jeff and the little stranger to be born in the next few weeks here arrived on Christmas Eve. Becky and Todd arrived on the 26th. We had a wonderful time together. One really neat treat was that Jamie has started sewing on a sewing machine (she and Becky have always handsewn, mostly cross-stitching) and we made some baby blankies together!



Here are my girls taking care of each other!



January was cold and snowy but we managed a trip to Chicagoland again for a baby shower for Jamie and I was so pleased to see both my girls and lots of friends and family. February was February... I say no more....George skiied alot and I planned the next quilt which will be Jamie and Jeff's wedding quilt, called "Road to California." I will post a picture of the plan tonight. Jeff wants me to blog it like I did Laura and Rob's but Jamie wants to be surprised. I'll let them work it out.

In the meantime, Becky and I have been very busy working on the baby quilt. More on that later!

Have a great Thursday. I'm back........!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment