Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Dark No More

For those of you who have followed this blog in the past, you will have noted that I was not doing any posting since February this year and possibly, you thought I was not quilting. Well, the secret is out and now I can let you all in on it. I have been quilting my little brain out and my fingers to the bone. I challenged myself this year to make 15 Christmas quilts in one year and I made it. I started last December 2012 and finished them in time to give them away to my birth family on Thanksgiving Day 2013. Over the next few weeks, I will share them with you but you can also follow the entire project on my blog on the American Quilters Society page. Here is the link: www.myquiltplace.com/profile/VirginiaGinnieLeiner. The AQS got into the project as well and posted three articles about me, the project and the progress of same. Here is the link for the last article which references all three articles: http://www.quiltviews.com/covered-up-with-love. So let's get to it. I will start with some pictures when the project was completely finished and then show you each quilt in subsequent posts. I have asked all my family members to send me pictures of themselves with the quilt they chose or were given - the folks who weren't at Thanksgiving were sent their quilts the next day. About half have complied. The rest of you, and you know who you are, get on it! Now some pictures of the completed quilts before they went out the door. Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment