Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas everyone
with the love of my life, George

What am I doing writing a blog?

Quilting is one of the few places in my life where all the corners meet and stay put. On this blog I plan to ruminate about quilting and life, the quilted life, cat and quilts, and any old thing that falls in and out of my brain. I'd be pleased to hear from you on all of this or any topic of interest!

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's hell having a disagreement with your quilt



After three weeks of sullen silence and uncooperative piecing, the quilt and I have struck a compromise. You see, I wanted this multicolored strip border and the quilt kept insisting on a very complicated 48 piece log cabin star. I just knew I didn't have the energy for the stars, especially since I hope to finish this by Thanksgiving so I can give it to the Bride and Groom then (thanks, guys, for being so patient!). So after placing one multicolored strip border on (and it just didn't sing guys),I finally gave in and made one of the intricate stars. My friend, Phyllis stopped over and mulled over the dilemna with me and then my loving spouse came home and once he had dinner started, threw the star into the space where the border and body meet and voila! Magic!

So here is a picture of that result. I only have to make three more stars and can still use the strip borders. I am a happy (quilting) camper tonight. Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment